Friday, March 16, 2012

Oh! P.S.

haha, I can't believe I forgot to write this... on the way back from the Cliffs, before we stopped at Bunratty, people were beginning to fall asleep on the bus. Mike looked back in the mirror and, seeing this, asked into his microphone if anyone knew the song "The Wild Rover". (Which I did... because my friends were in The Playboy of the Western World, and there was a fabulous scene in which they all took turns singing the verses.) He didn't ask us to sing, but he did ask us to do the four claps during the chorus - and he sang the whole song. It was hilarious and wonderful, and I got a video of it all... except I don't know how to upload videos on my camera. Darnit. Anyway, the downside is that it's been stuck in my head for 24 hours now. Ugh.

Go look it up and share in the curse! Then you can imagine me on a bus full of cranky tourists, clapping four beats in unison for a singing Irishman as we careened down the left-hand side of a country road.

1 comment:

  1. Listening to it right now with a big smile on my face :) It's fun to picture that bus ride. What a cool guide!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete