Friday, March 23, 2012

Crisps

Today was a terribly uneventful day. I was up until after 2 AM, talking with the folks at home about Kate and my trip... and then reading a bit... (why do I never go to bed when I can?! Stupid stupid stupid.) So I slept in until almost 11 this morning. All morning I debated with myself whether or not to go to the International Cafe tonight... Pros: it's a bit of social life that only comes once a week, and I enjoyed last week. Cons: I was dead tired all day, the weather was dreary, I'd have to ride the DART and walk the rest of the way and then beg a ride off of someone to the DART station afterward, and then walk home the rest of the way around 11 PM, and I'd kind of had enough of the busy city streets of Dublin after spending the whole day there yesterday. So I could either go to Dublin again in the evening, or stay around the house and take care of dull important things (while staying in comfy cozy clothes).

Guess which option won?

So I didn't even go outside today. Which sounds lame, but I think it was actually the right thing to do, all things considered. I helped Carole with some spring cleaning, worked on some more scheduling/planning stuff for the England/Paris trip, read a little bit, and wrote a short story. Yay for writing!! This was the first thing I've written (aside from a few poems) this whole time. So I'm happy with that.

I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I do know that I can't let myself slip into having comfy-cozy-home days EVERY day... that happens sometimes at home if I'm feeling lazy and there's nowhere that I HAVE to be. But I don't want to look back on my trip to Ireland with fond memories of hanging out in my room.

Still... I've been realizing that there's no need to really force myself to be out and about every second. Because that can get kind of boring, too, if it's done just for the sake of BEING out and about. Also, expensive.

I'm still hungry, by the way. I don't understand it - Carole makes amazing dinners and the amount I'm given really should be enough. But without fail, every night about an hour or two after we eat, I'm craving something crunchy and salty. Okay, so I guess I'm craving chips. (And by that I mean American chips. Crisps, according to the Irish. Because here, "chips" mean French fries. HAHA, the first time I wrote "French fires"...) So Kate, if you could just bring a few bags of potato chips and some onion dip along with you...

;)

I'm really looking forward to next month. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, because this area really is beautiful and I've loved it so far... but I kind of feel like I've seen it all. It would probably be different if I had somebody with me, but so far as going around by myself goes... been there done that. You know?

I should try to get a good night's sleep tonight. The only thing I can think of to do tomorrow is to go back to Dublin and see the Writers Museum. And... I guess we'll go from there. K. Goodnight, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment