Saturday, April 14, 2012

The rocky road to Dublin

Well, we're back in Dublin n

OH! Titanic was sinking right now 100 years ago. Wow. Crazy.

... sorry. As I was saying, we're back in Dublin now. Apparently it's been raining here quite a lot, though it's only showered briefly a few times since we got back this afternoon. The next few days are supposed to be bad, which is massively unfortunate... because I wanted to go to Bray again and hang out at the beach and read. But that won't be fun if it's raining.... soooo yeah. Not sure what I'll do this week. At least not until Wednesday. Because Wednesday I go on a tour to Newgrange, and then THURSDAY I go to ENGLAND to meet up with KATE! WOOP! Please keep the two of us in your prayers for the next two weeks... we'll be striking out into the unknown, armed with... well, nothing. Google maps. heh heh. We'll survive. :) But yeah, if you think to, pray that no major problems will befall us along the way. I'm really looking forward to seeing her! Europe is so unprepared for the amazingness that is about to happen.

But yeah, I'm not sure what tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday will hold. Ah well - we'll see.

I forgot to write yesterday, but it's probably just as well, because nothing really happened. It rained most of the day, at least until the late afternoon. I spent the day going back and forth between researching college things and researching Europe things. I bought our train tickets from Calais to Paris, though! So that's one less thing to worry about doing. I think I've bought most everything now - it's just a matter of printing out a ton of online tickets. Anyway, around 4 or 5 yesterday, the sky cleared up so I went out for a walk. I came back and we had dinner. While Ray and Carole were putting the boys to bed, I looked out and saw that the sunset was incredible, so I threw on a few coats and ran out to watch it from the beach. It was a fitting farewell to Donegal. Those two weeks really flew - which is so weird. There were times when I got bored here in DUBLIN COUNTY... but the time flew while I was in Donegal (where I spent most of the time inside, due to bad weather). I guess it was just the atmosphere. Everyone was so relaxed and the people I met were so lovely and caring, and the scenery (even out the windows) was just amazing. That must have had something to do with it. I hope that wasn't my last time up there. If I ever get enough money for a second home, I am going to build a house up there (it could be a one-room shack, for all I care, as long as it's got a good view) and WRITE.

Anyway, so we left there this morning, which was sad. We got home in about 4 hours, and I've spent literally 6 hours staring at maps of Paris and London. But I'm actually fairly proud of myself for it, because I feel much less stressed about the crazy public transport systems in those cities than I did earlier.

But I'm getting a tired-induced headache, so I'm going to go to sleep. Church in the morning. Shoot... clean clothes...

Hey, guess what? I won't be staying anywhere for more than four days from here on out. 4 days in Dublin, 2.5 days in London, 1.5 days in Dover, 4 days in Paris, 1 night in Dublin, 2 days in Cork, 3 days in Dublin, and SUMMER IN CALIFORNIA.

Goodnight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment