Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rain clouds

Yet another day of sunshine between heavy showers. Right now the sky is a deep blue and the sun has been down for almost a half hour, but there's still light showing through the remaining clouds. The colors and deepness of it all make for quite a nice contrast. I've become quite an expert at watching the weather change from my window - and while it changes, I sit here on the floor, writing.

Actually, I haven't done so much writing today. I spent the majority of the afternoon booking bus tickets, and then talking to my bank on skype (and the phone, with my mom as the middleman, since I couldn't get a hold of them from here) because they detected "fraudulent activity" and froze my account. I'm glad they're doing their job to protect my money and all, but it sure is a pain to try and convince them that I'm me, and not some European fraud running amuck with Laura Mueller's credit card.

We played a game of Clue after dinner, and then a round of Trivial Pursuit. Except it was a European T.P., which means that they were all questions about European monarchy and history and geography and pop culture. The history was alright, but I failed at the rest. I think we'll stick with Clue in future evenings.

Oh, and yesterday while I was on my walk, I very literally was almost attacked by a herd of sheep. And then some goats, later on. It would have been hilarious, if it hadn't been so terrifying. Of course, it's hilarious now. (But you won't catch me walking that way again.)

In other news, I'm tired. I don't mean that I need to sleep - I mean that I'm tired. Tired of being tough, and of making decisions, and even of being independent, to an extent. I've spent hours (probably days) planning things, and there's still so much that I don't know. Not just about Europe, I mean everything. I have to make a decision about college this week - and even though I feel like I've subconsciously decided already, I'm still terrified of saying an absolute one way or the other. I'm also frustrated that people I love are having hard times with things at home, and I can't do anything about it. They write to me for advice and comfort, which I'm usually happy to try to give... but after awhile, I just run dry. And there's nobody here for me to go to, when I need advice and comfort. Now, obviously when I'm thinking about it clearly, I know that God is here for me, and for them, and that He's better at sorting out problems than any of us. I know that; but what can I say, sometimes I'm not good at thinking about things clearly. I'm much better at it today than I was yesterday, though - last night was not so good. But anyway. I don't really know why I went into all of that. The bottom line is still that I'm glad that God looks after us, even when we're stupid and try to fix the world by ourselves.

It's a quarter to nine and almost dark. More rain clouds are coming in... maybe we'll get more hail tonight. Today we had little hailstones the size of peas!

Goodnight, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment