Thursday, February 9, 2012

Can you come home to a place you've never been?

I know I'm not leaving for another 3 weeks, but I needed to take a break from other projects, so I decided to start this blog in preparation for the trip. While my other blog consists of ramblings on literally every subject under the sun, this one has one purpose: to document my adventures in Ireland. I leave on March 5th and will come home on May 2nd - making this the longest (but not quite the farthest) that I've been from home. Here, my friends, I will write about my journey and post pictures and other random things. It doesn't all feel quite real yet, but this blog is a start. I'm going. I'm really truly going!

I feel strange when I think about it that way - in the sense of leaving, I mean. It's frightening in those words, actually. So I've determined not to think of it like that. I answer my title question with a resounding YES - I'm not leaving my home to travel to Ireland. I've never been there, but I feel confident in the belief that a person is home if he is in a place that he loves.

So I'm not leaving. I'm going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment